Mr. P A Chen

My name's Michael but not "Chen" but I M a PHN.( Public Health Nurse) I live in Washington State, USA. I have a family, two cats & a dog. I like JAZZ: Acoustic Alchemy, The Rippingtons, Spyro Gyra and other kinds of music. Talk to me about philosophy (concepts not authors ) I will deconstruct and or disect. I love France and the USA, eat French Fries but never had a Menage a Trois, love Veggie hot dogs but not mock apple pie. I yam what I yam! Take it or leave it. Clothing optional.

Thursday, January 12, 2006

It's late and I'm tired
but it's always late
and I'm always tired
so what's new...?
No, not you.
It's rhetorical.
I took the boy to the city today.
It was the first installation of the braces.
Let the games begin!
He was all excited about them.
"I'm getting braces today!",
he was telling everyone he met along the way.
By the time we got home he was still excited
"i'll keep my mouth closed and surprise mom."
"It's hardly a surprise." I informed him.
His exuberance was overflowing.
It was impossible for me to tell him,
"It aint gonna be so much fun in a couple days."
He was a jumping bean on a carnival ride.
The reality hasn't set in yet.
Surprisingly he put himself to bed early.
That's what I should be doing.
But nooo...
I'm sitting here typing out my words to you,
my faithful readers.
All 1.7 of you.
But hey, I love you nonetheless.
What a great compound word.
I can't think of another compound word
that uses three words with each of them
being completely spelled out within the word.
Of course, I can't think of hardly anything right now.
Can you?
Technically, no you can't!
Even if you could...
What was I saying?
I believe I was about to launch into some sort of
pseudo-psycho-metaphysical-bullshitish-ramblathon
Thanks for stopping me.
Hey, it's time to take the dog out and go to bed.
NO, of course I don't sleep outside with the dog.
The dog has to have a pre-bedtime "outdoor experience"
(so far this is an almost completely clean post.
except for the "bullshitish" part which I believe
you can hear on network television now.
So that is proof that it is morally acceptable to
the censorship fuckers that work for the
right wing fuckers
that try to fuck us all with mom's apple pie
for lube.)
So that's why I'm not going to
report that the dog might take a shit.
Damn it! You made me say "shit".
Well, technically, it wasn't YOU.
But it was...
Hey wait a minute.
This is getting out of hand.
Good night!
mykl

5 Comments:

At 5:27 PM, Blogger Bored Housewife said...

I loved getting braces, too...and glasses, and contacts--and, more recently: Lasik. :)

I'm not drunk anymore, sadly. Maybe we can dual drunk post some time, though!

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger mykl jon said...

Hey Lisa,
I can never figure out if it works better to reply to someones comment here or over at their blog. So I'm doing both.
Drunk post dueling sounds like a ripping good time. Perhaps we'll set a date sometime. Another 3 day weekend sounds good. I think you are 1 time zone ahead of me. I'm getting all fuzzy headed just thinking about it.
mykl

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger mykl jon said...

oh wait a minute you said "dual". I guess that would be a little less competitive. Fun nonetheless!
mykl

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger mykl jon said...

The dentist (orthodontist) assures me that there is not supposed to be much pain if any. So far so good. The only problemn was a bit of friction on his lip on the first night. Since then...no problems...except that one of the braces fell off. Fortunately it was not attached yet. He has an "expander in tghe roof of his mouth that is supposed to spread out his upper teeth. I turn a "nut" every other night. Once again, so far so good.
The braces brackets are attached tothe teeth woth some kind of amalgum that is hardened with high intensity light. Very space age techno braces.
I hope they don't keep falling off.
Thanks for thinking of us.
mykl

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger mykl jon said...

I just "turned" the apparatus in his upper mouth. He doesn't complain. I am supposed to turn it 15 times before his next appointment.
I am happily surprised at how he's doing.
mykl
You might be right about the $5K!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home