Mr. P A Chen

My name's Michael but not "Chen" but I M a PHN.( Public Health Nurse) I live in Washington State, USA. I have a family, two cats & a dog. I like JAZZ: Acoustic Alchemy, The Rippingtons, Spyro Gyra and other kinds of music. Talk to me about philosophy (concepts not authors ) I will deconstruct and or disect. I love France and the USA, eat French Fries but never had a Menage a Trois, love Veggie hot dogs but not mock apple pie. I yam what I yam! Take it or leave it. Clothing optional.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

This is the week of
the children's theater.
The boy is in the play
so we are staying in town until 7:30
or more.
The Missoula Children's Theatre
comes but once a year in the winter.
The boy auditions every year for 5 years.
He gets in the play 4 out of 5 times.
That means I have to get involved.
That's not such a bad thing.
It works if everyone in the house has buy-in.
So I figure, if I'm going to get involved
I should jump in with both feet.
But both of my feet are
on thin ice.
so that means
I am jumping on thin ice
with both feet.
Not too smart.
I've never claimed to be too smart.
Perhaps not even smart at all.
I do allright.
I figured out how to use this computer.
Ok, a 4 year old could do that.
I figured out the meaning of life.
Ok, a 4 year old could do that too!
Oh, you don't know the meaning of life?
Well, ask a 4 year old.
You probably thought I was going to tell you.
HAHAHAHA!!!
That would be cheating.
You must figure it out for yourself.
Oh, there's one more thing.
It keeps changing.
That doesn't seem fair does it?
That's where the cussing comes in.
The more you fucking swear
the easier it is for you to figure out.
I didn't swear enough for a while.
It was frustrating.
I felt that I was on the verge
of figuring out something important.
I just couldn't for the life of me figure out
what the fuck it was.
It wasn't until I broke down
and admitted that I felt like shit
that I could begin to
see the inner light
that fucking shines right out of me.
I know there are a lot of assholes out there
that will say this is absurd.
It may seem absurd
until it starts making sense.
That's when you know
"This is the shit you've been trying to figure out!"
Then you break down and realize
nobody else will have a fucking clue
what you are talking about.
You are alone.
You have the answers
but nobody wants to ask the questions.
Go take a shower.
You stink!
I think I got off track...
The children's theatre is in town.
It is so damn cute
and the directors
are unfathomably perky.
I have to heat up the dinner
someone else made for them
every night.
I'm involved dammit!!!
mykl

3 Comments:

At 2:57 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Fucking fantastic! Maybe you could write a book; The Zen of Swearing.

So what's Missoula like? For a while the fam and I considered moving there. We like quiet, and lots of land. But we also like cheap, and from what I understand, Missoula aint.

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger mykl jon said...

Well, here's the tricky thing about the Missoula Children's Theatre...they travel. I am in NE Washington State. I have been to Missoula several times in passing. We used to live in Montana. Missoula was on the way between where we lived and Spokane, where we are from. I don't really know much about it.
Thanks for the idea about the book. I have to give that some careful consideration. It has distinct possibilities. I've never written a book. I tend to write short stories and poetry.
But you never fucking know.........Anyway, thanks for stopping by. I'll be going over to your place from here. See you there.
mykl

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ahhh....NE Washington state. Another one on the list of cool places to live. Lucky you.
Thanks for stopping by. Gotta go; the children are trying to kill me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home