Mr. P A Chen

My name's Michael but not "Chen" but I M a PHN.( Public Health Nurse) I live in Washington State, USA. I have a family, two cats & a dog. I like JAZZ: Acoustic Alchemy, The Rippingtons, Spyro Gyra and other kinds of music. Talk to me about philosophy (concepts not authors ) I will deconstruct and or disect. I love France and the USA, eat French Fries but never had a Menage a Trois, love Veggie hot dogs but not mock apple pie. I yam what I yam! Take it or leave it. Clothing optional.

Monday, February 27, 2006

whine and cheese (and corn?)


It's time for a little fun.
I've been whining for some time now.
I'm gettin' tired o' that.
Today I had to give a presentation
about having a healthy heart
to some young adults
with developmental challenges.
OK, let's all say it together "developmental challenges"
It's the pc term.
Some people have problems with
pc ways of saying things.
I say, "being pc is a way of describing something
in a more creative way.
It is a way of offering to someone
some dignity regarding whatever challenge they may be facing.
Therefore we might, instead of calling someone
a bigot, call them
sensitivity challenged.
Yeah but who needs to be sensitive?
That's for women and wimps.
Right!?!
Until suddenly...
it is you or your loved one.
Well why wait?
go ahead and be sensitive now.
It won't hurt!
You won't start to have a period or something.
You might just turn into Barry White
and women will be drawn to your sexiness
like cats to catnip.
"But wait!" you say.
"What if the insensitive
I mean sensitity challenged person IS a woman?"
It's all a show.
Misplaced toughness...
sensitivity confusion...
one of those underwires poking...
boyfriend sucks...
girlfriend sucks...
I say strip em down and drop em off
at the mall.
after all the pointing, laughing
and angry epithets
they will remember how it feels to be vulnerable.
Anyway, the people at the presentation
were very lively and surprisingly
well informed.
It was a lot of fun. I was able to just
shoot from the hip
and draw a few things on the big giant sticky notes.
I love the giant sticky notes.
They're so absurdly big.
I want to write someones phone number and "call me" on one
then sneak into a friends house a leave it on the fridge.
After the presentation I got to have a late lunch.
Late lunch is kinda cool because all the other lunchers
aren't clogging the restaurants
and grocery aisles.
Also, everybody at the office is working and I'm
taking a nap in my car
(which is really a little Toyota truck).
I have this uncanny ability to take a nap
and decide before the nap when I want to wake up.
It almost never fails.
I have only overslept 2 times in 14 years.
I like a short nap.
How about you?
About 15 minutes is perfect.
I feel rested but not groggy.
I'm feeling kind of groggy right now.
So I'll see you tomorrow.
Love,
mykl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home